The power of the internet is the key to success, and social media marketing plays a huge role in almost any business when it comes to being successful.
But…. are you fully aware of every advantage and disadvantage that it comes with?
My goal today is to make sure you feel completely confident in going forward with the decision to take your business a step forward in the right direction and set up a great social media marketing (SMM) strategy.
The following are the things that need to be taken into consideration before you set up your plan, here are the PROs and CONs of being on social media;
- The platforms are free and have unlimited access
- Improves the search engine ranking as well as website traffic
- It makes your brand more visible because you have access to a larger audience
- It’s easier to target and reach the specific audience that would be interested in your brand
- It allows you to use analytics to measure immediately what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Has higher conversion rates than what we have ever had access to through older marketing tactics
- It is an opportunity for you to provide the best customer service as well as engage with your audience, therefore increasing your brand loyalty
BE CAUTIOUS: Even though social media is a crucial factor in your business, we also should be aware that there are some roadblocks involved.
It is very important for you to understand what these downsides are so that you can use this opportunity in its full potential by correcting the gaps at the start and really hone down on your strengths.
Knowledge is power, so if you can learn from others mistakes and use that as an advantage, the sky is the limit!
- Needs constant monitoring
- Prepare for negative feedback
- Lack of face-to-face human interaction
- Encourages unrealistic expectations for clients
- It can be difficult sometimes to measure the ROI
- You run the risk that the brand account could get hacked
- There could be inappropriate behavior on the site from the audience
- It is difficult to hire the best experts due to the lack of knowledge in SMM
- The brand image could get ruined almost instantly if something negative goes viral.
Now that you understand, with all of the information provided of what all the pros and cons of social media are, you should be able to prevent as well as perfect both sides to benefit you.
Let me ask, are you curious about how social media works, how to read the metrics, and what all the SMM jargon means?!
Comment below about any other advantage or disadvantage of using social media and how it has helped you and your business grow!
**Stay tuned and follow me to get access to all of the exclusive tips I am about to share with you!**
Author- Pamy Vee